The primary function of Joomla Extension Development is to produce easy to use Joomla extensions. Extensions are specifically designed to customize the functioning of online websites. An extension adds unique features and additional functionalities to a website by integrating new elements and modules into the existing website. The number of available extensions for Joomla has grown considerably.
There are three major categories of extensions that you can get for your Joomla website. The first category includes the core modules. These are the core functionality modules of the website. This includes basic functionality like shopping cart, email, calendar etc. These are the ones you should be using to make your website successful. They have the least complexity and hence it is not difficult for an ordinary user to use them without any difficulty.
However, the second category of modules is less common and hence you might not find it in every Joomla website. These modules are used for adding other modules to Joomla. Examples of the modules that you can get from this category include shopping carts, news feeds, payment gateways, forums, email marketing services, and many others. It is always advisable to get the modules that offer extensive capabilities so that your website will be able to offer a wider scope of services to its users.
Extensions are developed by different groups of experts. If you want to know more about Joomla extension developers, then you need to know the following characteristics of these professionals.
– You need to hire Joomla Extension Developers who is experienced in this field of work. The developers should also be affiliated with leading companies so that they can provide reliable technical support to their clients. They should also be willing to answer your questions regarding their work as well as give you detailed information about their past work. You should also ensure that they have knowledge about latest Joomla extensions in the market.
– The Joomla Extension Developer should also possess good communication skills. Communication is the key to successful Joomla extensions. Thus, if they have poor communication skills, then the chances are high that you will end up losing the project.
– The Joomla Extension Developers should also be ready to change their minds in case they are not satisfied with the work that they have presented to you. You should check whether they have any other projects in the pipeline that they are working on.
– You should also ensure that they have good communication skills. As mentioned earlier, they are supposed to communicate with you through email, chat, forum and other means, but you should be able to get hold of them on the phone as well.
– You should also look out for the developer’s previous works. In order to be sure that you are getting a reputed and experienced developer, you can ask for references or go to different websites that showcase the work of different extension developers.
Joomla extension development can be done on your own or you can hire professional Joomla developers who will provide you complete technical support and help you get everything set up in no time. The developers will do most of the work as part of your Joomla installation.
After hiring the developer, you need to do a bit of your own research before integrating the extensions that the developer has provided. in your website. For example, if you are using a forum, you should be able to browse through it to see the posts and comments of other users before incorporating their extensions.
Once you have read through these posts and comments, you should also take note of the types of questions that people are asking in the forum. You can also take the forum administrator’s advice and see if the questions are answered there or not. Also, you need to find out if there is any type of FAQ in the forum, which is an important area to answer questions.
If you don’t find any answers in the FAQ, then you may want to go back to the forum and ask the extension developer if there is any other place where he can answer the same. otherwise, you should hire a different developer altogether.
You should be careful to select a developer who is honest and is willing to provide you with honest answers. – as you may find yourself losing out money as a result.