When you are starting out with your Joomla based website, you should start out by considering whether or not you need Joomla Components. Now, I know many people who make the mistake of thinking that they don’t need Joomla Components and start out by going into an extreme technical detail that is not required in order to run a simple website.
In reality, you should know everything about how Joomla works so that you can take advantage of all the great functionalities that the framework has to offer. To help you out, here are some tips on what you should be looking for when looking for Joomla Components.
* The modules you use should match your needs. Most modules you will find in Joomla are all designed to do the same thing; they provide different features and utilities that you can use in order to improve your website. So you should ensure that you use the right modules.
* You should use what you can use. Don’t buy a module just because it has lots of features; instead, choose the ones that are useful to you and will allow you to use them in your website.
* The best modules will be easy to install and configure. That’s because you want your website to be up and running as quickly as possible; that’s why you should be able to use any modules you need without too much difficulty.
* Always test your modules before you use them in production. It’s always a good idea to test them in a virtual environment before using them in a live website.
* You should use only compatible modules. This means that you should not use modules that are designed to do things that your website doesn’t require; in other words, you should be aware of the compatibility of all modules before using them.
* The components you use should be simple to install and uninstall. They should also be simple to configure; that way, you won’t have to worry about setting things up wrong when you want to change them later on.
* There are various components that you can use to customize your website. For example, you can use different modules to change the appearance of your website; for example, you can install different themes for blog posts and blogs, a different logo and so on.
* The components you use will depend on the theme you use for your website. Themes are another thing that you should consider when looking for the right components; they will make your website very attractive.
* The components you use can also help you customize your website. This will help you to get more creative and come up with some truly wonderful themes for your website.
As you can see, there are a lot of great things that you can do with Joomla. Once you get a good foundation down, you should then start looking for the best components and themes to make your website into something truly unique.